Digital Six are one of Scotland’s most established ecommerce agencies. We’ve developed award winning websites for some of the country's best retailers.
Operating out of our office in the heart of the UK's largest tech incubator, Codebase in Edinburgh, we provide a unique and stimulating environment for those looking to make waves in ecommerce. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Account Manager to join our team. Our team is small but rapidly growing and we believe that there is now a place for an account manager to be actively involved in shaping our relationships with our clients.
Digital Six has an excellent retention rate and some of the retailers we’ve been working with have been clients for over 10 years. The main objective of the new account management role is to support our client relationships and continue to offer support and expertise to grow their retail businesses.
You will be the main point of contact for our clients to assist with their success. Your clients will mainly be on support and maintenance programmes with Digital Six. You will work directly with them to suggest improvements that will allow them to reach their goals. Your role will contribute directly to the continued growth of Digital Six, as much of our business comes from word of mouth as a result of successful relationships.
We’re looking for a committed candidate, who may be experienced in account management. Ideally you will have a passion for ecommerce including a knowledge of retail websites and conversion rate optimisation strategies. The successful candidate will be expected to work with various members of the Digital Six team on different projects simultaneously.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with accounts
- Communicate clearly the progress of the agreed roadmap of tasks according to our support and maintenance programme
- Identify and grow business opportunities
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Write proposals and quotes that demonstrate actionable and impactful changes
- Identify client needs and recommend the appropriate support and maintenance plan
- Attend industry networking events
- Monitor, and report on, your activities in line with targets and objectives provided by Digital Six’s Managing Director
This role is ideal for an experienced account manager (or someone with other relevant experience) who would like to make an impact in a small dynamic business. We’re looking for someone who has good ideas and who is equally comfortable talking about technical details and sales and marketing ideas. We work with a range of business sectors (from construction to luxury brands) and so you must feel comfortable meeting with clients from all backgrounds including senior level executives and employees on the shop floor. You will be an expert communicator, people person with a flair for building rapport.
- Have a keen interest in ecommerce
- Have a positive and energetic demeanour
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have an exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Have a professional manner
- Be self-motivated
- Have the ability to adapt to change, and have a strong desire to learn, develop and progress
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment and build strong working relationships
Ideally you will have
- An undergraduate degree
- Experience in account management in an agency environment
- General Experience of working in web development/ tech/ digital
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Ecommerce experience ideally with knowledge of Magento, Shopify or Woocommerce
- Conversion rate optimisation expertise
- Knowledge of UX
Perks of the Job
You'll be doing challenging work in a great learning environment. If you are successful in your application you will enjoy: great colleagues, team lunches, nights out, beers on Friday and healthy working hours!
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a covering email to email@example.com
Closing date: 16th January