Head of Stirling [Maternity Cover]
The Head of Stirling position will cover maternity leave from April 2018 for 1 year fixed contract.
CodeBase is the UK's largest technology incubator, taking early stage startups providing support and opportunities to help them grow. The CodeBase ecosystem includes flexible and affordable office space, hotdesking, co-working, events and training, mentoring and invited investor sessions. CodeBase Stirling, is in partnership with Stirling Council and opened September 2017 and is the first hub outside CodeBase Edinburgh.
We are looking for a Head of Stirling to join/ lead our small but perfectly formed team at an exciting new phase of development. The Head of Stirling will be supported by our Community & Events Coordinator, Reception Administrator and Reception & Digital Administrator.
The Head of Stirling is responsible for CodeBase Stirling’s strategic and operational development. They will oversee all aspects of CodeBase Stirling’s tenant occupancy, community and programming, building and maintenance, staff and ensure the organisation achieves its objectives.
The successful candidate will be a robust, flexible individual with the ability to work under pressure and a strong, supportive and collaborative management style. This is an ideal opportunity for a dynamic individual who wishes to build on their existing experience in a vibrant startup hub environment. Excellent communication, a willingness to learn and adapt quickly and an ability to work effectively as part of a small team are all essential for this role.
• Previous experience in a leadership role in an organisation, large scale project or similar.
• Experience and/or understanding of startups and scaleups to support tenant community.
• Ability to think and plan strategically and to deliver related operational outcomes.
• Experience in securing sponsorship for programme and project activities.
• Experience of developing and maintaining partnerships with public bodies, further education and other similar organisations.
• Collaborative leadership of multidiscipline teams.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience developing projects that align with the hub and strategy for Stirling.
• Experience of monitoring, evaluation and evidencing impact to stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills – knowledge of the Google suite
- Ability to think on your feet and take initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to organise, multitask, prioritise, attention to detail and work to deadlines
• Experience of managing a community and/or building.
• Knowledge of the technology and digital sectors in Scotland.
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time temporary post to cover a maternity leave of 1 year from April 2018. The post holder will be subject to a formal probationary period of 6 months.
35 hours per week, normally 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends as and when required
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Closing date for applications
Friday 2nd March 2018
Interviews taking place the following week.
Send your CV and cover letter to Janine Matheson firstname.lastname@example.org and quote "CodeBase Stirling – Head of Stirling"