Web Developer - Python / Django
BBI Solutions is a leading expert in immunoassay development and manufacturing services, and provides an extensive portfolio of products and technologies to the global diagnostic market. Our portfolio includes the Novarum reader; a powerful software tool that lets you read and share the results of diagnostic assays (including lateral flow tests) using nothing more than a smartphone.
As a business, we are currently embarking on a period of substantial growth and investment, which has led to the requirement to recruit additional talent to the business, which includes the opportunity to recruit a Web Developer into our Novarum team.
As the Web Developer, you will be required to gather client requirements, test workflows and build a web portal to record, process and analyse the test data that is sent to the portal for processing through the Novarum mobile reader applications.
Key duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Requirements Gathering – To work with business users to capture technical requirements and communicate these back to the client while ensuring these match their needs.
- Web Development – To produce code that is well structured, efficient, stable and secure. Best industry practices will be used in a way that allows other developers to quickly understand and input into the code.
- Database Management - Set up and monitor database maintenance activities and to optimise query performance and maximise system availability for the web.
- Web Hosting - Develop strong working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, web and database servers.
- Managing Lifecycle Development - To be involved in the full lifecycle from requirements analysis, design, development and support, using structured methodologies (whether Agile, Waterfall etc.) that allow other developers to pick up where you left off.
- Issues Resolution and Tracking Management – You will monitor and oversee the level of issues raised and resolved, implementing continuous improvement strategies to areas that keep recurring, ensuring a smooth technical support service to your clients.
- User Interface Design (UI) – Looking at user journeys, menu navigation, graphical layout and user functionality. Therefore, you will be able to assess the user’s needs and methods of using the application, be able to map this and effectively translate this into technical requirements.
- Unit / System Testing - To undertake and ensure that all Client requirements meet their original design and behave as was intended by the end client/user
As the Web Developer, you will be Degree educated in Computing, Mathematics, or image processing and will need to hold the following knowledge and experience:
Experience of Python / Django /MySQL essential
- Knowledge and some experience of Multi-tier application architecture & development database design MySQL essential
- Knowledge and some experience Great OO practices essential
- Mobile development experience desirable
- Efficient algorithm design experience desirable
You will be someone who has a technical mind-set, a good set of communication skills and an ability to work to deadlines. Attention to detail will also be really important in this role.
BBI is a fast-paced and agile business, with a track record of growth, and the opportunity to influence and direct the business going forward. We deliver exceptional products and technologies that people rely on to enjoy a better quality of life. We look for our people to be active participants in BBI life, to make work fun as well as challenging.
To apply click here…