RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve complex problems.
Our Release Engineers provide level 3 support for RightScale applications, determining the root causes of issues through analysis of logs, databases and code. You will work closely with support and engineering personnel to determine solutions and, when appropriate, implement those solutions. In addition, you provide guidance to junior level engineers on a variety of different systems and act as a domain expert on a subset of those systems. You have the additional responsibility of designing, enhancing and maintaining the suite of tools used to troubleshoot RightScale applications.
What you’ll do on the job:
- Troubleshoot multi-layered, SOA structured, cloud-based software application in Ruby on Rails framework.
- Organize an ongoing roster of issues, facilitating release of fixes to production when needed.
- Implement bug fixes in code through full life-cycle of software development, including: requirement and risk/benefit analysis, effort estimation, acceptance testing, and implementation.
- Contribute to the current automation to manage daily processes to improve handling customer issues efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
- Contribute to the knowledge base, Wiki and other RightScale resources to help insure that information is disseminated.
- Work closely with team members to ensure all company and personal goals are met or exceeded.
- Participate in periodic on call rotation.
Qualifications and experience we are looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Solid Object Oriented programming experience (knowledge of Ruby a plus).
- Intermediate experience in administering Linux systems including command line and analyzing log files.
- Proficiency in Unix-like environment for development, staging and deployment of software.
- Knowledge of database systems.
- Experienced in model-view-controller web frameworks, Ruby-on-Rails a definite plus.
- Ability to mentor junior team members.
- Passion for cloud computing and deploying internet services on a large scale.
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- We work in a fun office environment complete with weekly team lunches, stocked snacks, and Friday pastry days.
- We travel to RightScale headquarters in California once a year for the legendary RightScale Employee Meetup.
- We invest in good tools, whether it’s MacBook Pros, TravisCI, Slack, GitHub, or Docker Hub.
- We spend every other Friday hacking on what we like; this is our iTime (innovation time), where we can pursue projects that involve some sort of technological exploration of ideas that are novel and interesting and that foster professional growth. Some of our open source projects have come out of iTime.
Join us and collaborate with extremely talented and passionate colleagues to ship industry changing products. We strive for diversity in the workplace and encourage those from underrepresented groups in technology to apply. Feel free to include examples of your work or your GitHub profile.