CodeBase Stirling - Reception & Digital Administrator
We are looking for a Reception & Digital Administrator to join our team in Stirling. This is an ideal opportunity for a dynamic individual with a strong customer focus to support and work across a range of reception and digital activities in a vibrant startup hub environment. Excellent communication, a willingness to learn and adapt quickly and an ability to work effectively as part of a small team are all essential for this role.
CodeBase is the UK's largest technology incubator, taking early stage startups providing support and opportunities to help them grow. The CodeBase ecosystem includes co-working, events and training, mentoring and invited investor sessions. CodeBase Stirling is the first hub outside Edinburgh, working in partnership with Stirling Council as part of the city’s Digital District development.
Working closely with the rest of the team, you will have significant administrative experience, excellent interpersonal & digital skills and attention to detail. The Reception & Digital Administrator will be the oracle of Codebase, providing information and assistance to tenants, collaborators and customers over the phone and face-to-face. In addition to reception duties, the role will include social media and digital activities
- Reception – you will meet and greet visitors and assist them so that they have a great experience at CodeBase
- Logistics - Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls while providing information when appropriate, booking meeting rooms, tenant enquiries, receive & sort mail, maintain security by following procedures (signing people in, checking for security passes) and facilitating tenant movement.
- Digital - Pro-active communication with team to identify potential content, and ensuring effective and varied messaging across all of CodeBase Stirling’s social media channels;
- Digital - Developing weekly/monthly engagement plan for social communications, ensuring it maintains and respects CodeBase’s unique open access ethos and impartiality; maintaining a consistent brand voice
- Digital - E-newsletter management and distribution through MailChimp, including receiving and entering content from the team into existing templates
- Marketing – promoting CodeBase facilities, programme and tenants
- Administrative work – google, slack and tenant information updates
- Customer service - we are looking for a person with excellent interpersonal skills, friendly with a flexible “can do” attitude.
- Adaptability - we’re a small team, there may be times when we require support in other areas such as events programme, general admin, or tenant related enquiries.
- Previous experience in a customer-facing environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to communicate concepts succinctly and effectively
- Punctual, responsibilities include opening up the morning you will be required to arrive on time, every day
- Good IT skills – knowledge of the Google suite of tools desirable (docs, drive, calendar, groups)
- Confident in using a range of social media platforms, specifically, Facebook, Twitter and Vimeo, with the aims of brand communication, digital community development, customer service and audience development
- Creative; willing to propose, explore and develop new ways to maximise our online audience and engage our community
- Analytical, familiar with social media metrics and analysis of them; such as mailchimp/ buffer;
- Ability to think on your feet and take initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to organise, multitask, prioritise, attention to detail and work to deadlines
- Interest in/ an understanding of technology and creative industries desirable, although training can be provided.
- Interest in technology and digital industries
- Design skills - ability to use Photoshop / or InDesign to create posters and adverts for activities
Working hours: 35hrs a week, 8.30am-4.30pm, flexibility will be essential as many of our events go into the evening or start before 9am.
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd February 2018
Interviews taking place the following week.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Apply: Send your CV and cover letter to Janine Matheson firstname.lastname@example.org and quote "CodeBase Stirling – Reception & Digital Administrator