C++ Software Engineer – 3D Tools & Engine Integrations
Speech Graphics is a high-growth company providing pioneering facial animation solutions for the games industry and beyond, working with such clients as Warner Brothers and Def Jam recordings. Our employees see their work profoundly changing experiences in next-gen games and amazing new products.
It’s a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment. We foster a results-oriented culture with lots of room to learn and grow. Team development and diversity are highly valued. Our international team is comprised of specialists in diverse fields including engineering, phonetics, machine learning, animation, etc.
In addition to weekly roundtables, there are monthly meetings and get-togethers as well as several annual parties and social events. Being part of the UK’s largest tech incubator also puts us in the middle of a very exciting and socially active startup scene amid the dramatic landscape of Old Town Edinburgh.
As a C++ Software Engineer for 3D Tools & Engine Integrations, you will be responsible for developing C++ applications based on the Speech Graphics API. You will be responsible for co-design and implementation of plugins, applications and production pipelines across variety of platforms and engines, including Maya, Unreal, and Unity, for PC, mobile and consoles. You will also support our production team through technical oversight of Maya assets.
Your skills and experience include:
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Enthusiasm about working in a fast-paced environment in a small team with lots of multi-tasking and different hats to wear.
- Substantial commercial software development experience is a plus.
- Good understanding of computer graphics principles and relevant areas of mathematics.
- Experience working within Maya or similar computer graphics software.
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and git.
- Strong aesthetic sense in terms of code structure, user interface, and graphics.
- Curiosity, ability to self-teach and work flexibly across unfamiliar platforms and domains.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic and problem-solving mentality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.