Senior Software Engineer – Networking
Speech Graphics is a high-growth company providing pioneering facial animation solutions for the games industry and beyond, working with such clients as Warner Brothers and Def Jam recordings. Our employees see their work profoundly changing experiences in next-gen games and amazing new products.
It’s a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment. We foster a results-oriented culture with lots of room to learn and grow. Team development and diversity are highly valued. Our international team is comprised of specialists in diverse fields including engineering, phonetics, machine learning, animation, etc.
In addition to weekly roundtables, there are monthly meetings and get-togethers as well as several annual parties and social events. Being part of the UK’s largest tech incubator also puts us in the middle of a very exciting and socially active startup scene amid the dramatic landscape of Old Town Edinburgh.
As a senior software engineer you will be a key player in developing applications and systems that enable users to communicate through avatars or with AI agents in video games, VR, entertainment and much more. You will fill a gap in the team’s current skillset and be a key player in creating a new cloud platform and creating a robust, scalable system. You will also be working with a Junior Engineer who will support you with this exciting project.
Your skills and experience include:
- Degree in computer science or a similar field
- Experience in software development using C++
- Working with codecs
- Understanding of network protocols including TCP/ IP and H.323
- Knowledge of hole punching techniques
- Scripting with Python / Perl / Unix or similar
- Any experience working with VoIP systems is advantageous
- Experience with MySQL or similar
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Azure or similar)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Strong communication skills
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.