We are a young, energetic startup based in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland. Our mission is to help people find the right care quickly and without stress, both for private individuals and within NHS hospitals.
As Care Sourcer’s first Content Manager, you will be using content to tackle all kinds of goals — getting attention online, helping people understand the care industry, encouraging users to try our service, and much more. You’ll be part of a small marketing team who are eager to test new ideas and move quickly. Because we’re a small team, you’ll be doing both the planning and the writing, so this is an ideal role for someone who wants to keep writing even as they get more involved in strategy work.
You’ll have the support of the Head of Marketing as an editor, and the autonomy to shape how Care Sourcer’s content and strategy evolves over time. Best of all, you’ll be helping people during a very difficult part of their lives, and helping Care Sourcer tackle one of the biggest problems of our time.
Tasks and responsibilities:
This person will:
- Contribute to the development of the wider content strategy (working with the Head of Marketing), understanding the wider user journeys, commercial goals and where content of all types contributes to those journeys and goals.
- Lead brainstorming sessions with subject matter experts and other stakeholders to come up with new content ideas, then work with these experts to understand which areas to prioritise.
- Develop and implement a content plan and calendar according to a wider content strategy, including an annual news calendar for potential news reaction pieces as well as proactive pieces.
- Develop and implement an amplification and outreach strategy for content, identifying the outreach, social outreach and amplification approaches for different types of content and different audiences.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy that ties into the content and new calendar, regularly monitor social media and update social media accounts daily.
- Research and brief individual pieces of content according to user-specific journey, SEO goals and commercial goals.
- Write/produce content according to the individual briefs and content strategy. “Content” could include social media copy, ad copy, articles, videos, gifs, etc. (we’ll provide support for any unfamiliar content types).
- Write and send emails.
- Share/amplify content according to the amplification and outreach strategy.
- Edit copy authored by other team members.
- Build and manage excellent relationships with external publishers to amplify content as part of the outreach strategy.
- Regularly monitor the performance of content against its amplification and commercial goals, identifying areas that need improvement and new opportunities.
Qualifications and experience:
We’re looking for someone who:
- is an excellent writer. We need someone who loves to jump from email copy to social, or to video scripts from producing a long-form guide on a complex topic.
- has experience with distilling complex ideas down into simple and clear guidance.
- has a keen eye for detail in grammar and an opinion about the Oxford comma.
- has experience in building a social media audience.
- has around five years experience in developing written content for commercial purposes
- has experience in producing copy for SEO and optimising content based on SEO results.
- has experience in creating and managing a content calendar.
- has experience producing content quickly in a fast-paced environment.
You don’t need to be a 100% fit for those requirements – if you meet around 80% of those things, please apply anyway – we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send samples or links of your existing work, a covering letter/email and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t miss out the covering letter! This is our opportunity to get to know you. Thank you!