Office Manager and Bookkeeper
Make It Social (“MIS”) helps people to get together offline more often through our social
booking software. We’re hiring an Office Manager and Bookkeeper in a permanent position based in our Edinburgh HQ. The Office Manager and Bookkeeper will play an important role in contributing to the company culture, managing the company books and making sure the MIS team works effectively and efficiently together. We are looking for a highly energetic candidate with bookkeeping experience who is well organised, an excellent communicator, and can handle the diverse requirements needed in a startup environment.
Your new role will involve:
- Organising the office and ensure efficient day-to-day operations
- Managing bookkeeping and company finances, including liaising with company accountants on the monthly payroll
- Managing client invoicing liaising with commercial team
- Managing and establishing supplier relationships
- Ensuring that all invoiced items are paid in accordance with payment terms
- Assisting with scheduling and administrative tasks for the Senior Management team, including communicating on their behalf with external parties
- Managing staff expenses
- Organising team outings and company events
- Coordinating interview schedules for potential new team members
- Onboarding new employees and help with other HR-related activities including recruiting
- Keeping the office tidy, organised and a fun and vibrant place to work
- Managing procurement including facilities, office equipment orders, office snacks, etc.
- Taking on other responsibilities that might come up in a fast moving startup
To succeed you will need to be:
- An organised individual who is a fast learner
- Experienced in accounting and bookkeeping
- Experienced with the Xero accounting package
- Comfortable with Google Apps
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- Someone who likes to help other people
- Self-motivated with an ability to solve problems independently
- Detail and deadline oriented in your work
- Experienced in performing administrative tasks like scheduling and managing expenses
- Able to multi-task while prioritising the most important tasks
- Able to work with team members in a fast-paced environment
- A jack of all trades
You should be interested in working with a small team and excited by the prospect of helping develop the administrative and operational side of a growing start-up.
What you will get in return
Flexible working hours: Full-time Monday to Friday (7 hours between 8am and 6pm with core hours 10am to 4pm). Some degree of flexibility around working hours may be required during busier times.
This is an opportunity to join a start-up company that has exciting plans for future growth.
How to apply
To apply please e-mail a current CV with at least 1 reference and a covering letter to the Chief Operating Officer, Adam Alton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 30th March 2018 at 5pm.
Make it Social offers companies, within a range of industries including travel and event
ticketing, a social booking solution that integrates with their existing systems via APIs. Once integrated the social group is open to a host of opportunities, geared to marketing towards a new demographic. For our users, we are developing a social network that enables more offline social interaction with friends and family.