Business Development Representative (BDR)
Float is a fast growing, award-winning tech startup based in the heart of Edinburgh’s entrepreneurial hub, Codebase. We provide cash management and forecasting software to businesses all over the world and are led by a small, passionate, and collaborative team. Our aim is to empower business owners to take control of their numbers with confidence. We also want to build a great team and great place to work, inspiring current and future entrepreneurial thinkers.
About the Role
The role of the BDR is fundamental to any inbound sales process and involves making the initial contact with leads (users trialing Float) before deciding how they proceed in the process. We’ll provide you with all the training, support and mentoring you need. All we ask is that you bring a hunger to learn through practice and a desire to better yourself.
Your key duties will include:
- Using Pipedrive to identify leads to call
- Qualifying leads by speaking to them over the phone, getting to know more about how they are using Float and their business needs
- Recording loss reasons and managing leads in Pipedrive
- Contributing to group discussions within Float as a whole company, as well as the Business Development team
We are looking for somebody who can demonstrate the following:
- You enjoy communicating and building relationships with lots of new people
- You’re willing to speak up to contribute to ideas
- You’re a fast learner who enjoys picking up new technology and learning about business processes
- You have a desire to improve yourself at every opportunity
- Business experience, either studied or practical
- Accountancy or bookkeeping experience
- Comfortable presenting to a group of people
Previous sales experience is not a requirement
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week), based in our office in CodeBase.
Salary is £18,000 for this role, plus pension.
We feel that diversity in the workplace is a great asset and we welcome applicants from any background. We’re committed to cultural diversity and encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and those returning to work.
If you have any questions about the role, place of work, or working patterns, please feel free to get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work at Float?
We’re a startup working on a product users love, within a great community of other innovative startups. We’re committed to building a world class team and a great working environment. We work in a collaborative environment, sharing ideas and creating things together to impact on the success of the company. We think this is a fantastic opportunity to join an incredible team in its early stages of growth and to be an integral part of fuelling that growth.
We promise it won’t be boring!
Deadline for applications is end of the day on Sunday 15th April 2018.
To apply, please visit this link.