JUNIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Graduate Apprenticeship)
KMsoft Ltd is a growing software house, based in CodeBase Stirling. We specialise in inventory management systems, and production line monitoring systems for industry.
We are currently just bringing to market an exciting new system, and are therefore looking to expand our team with the addition of a software developer, primarily to develop additional features, and support a growing customer base.
We are looking for an exceptional, self-motivated individual with a track record of self-teaching. All our development utilises Microsoft technologies. Although not a requirement, if you can demonstrate experience of any of the following, it would be advantageous:
· Microsoft SQL server
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate a willingness to expand your own skillset, as well as an analytical approach to problem solving. Initially, the role will be office based, however, there may be an opportunity for some remote working. Occasional client meetings, or site visits will also be required.
You will study on a 4-year degree programme towards a BSc (Hons) Software Development at the University of Dundee. Initially you will complete 1 day per week at University and 4 days per week of workplace learning. What you do in work will also count towards your degree, where you will gain vital industry experience in the following areas:
· Software – Agile development environment, high-level language coding skills, web UI development, quality and software testing, software development lifecycle, developing innovative software solutions
· Business – Including business communications
· Interpersonal skills – Interacting with colleagues, offering recommendations for technical decision making
· Project management – Dealing with multiple tasks and projects
4 Highers at Grade B or above including 1 in Maths, Physics or Computing (equivalent qualifications are accepted) unless you can show strong technical (programming/development) ability through work experience or extra-curricular activities
A Foundation Apprenticeship in a related discipline plus suitable academic qualification similar to the above.
A Modern Apprenticeship in a related discipline.
The below qualities are also required:
· Basic knowledge and interest of programming and/or web development
· Showing creativity and interest in coming up with new ideas and solutions
· A passion for learning and keeping up to date with the latest technology and design concepts.
For more information about KMsoft, please see our homepage: www.kmsoft.co.uk
And more details on the graduate apprenticeship scheme here: https://www.apprenticeships.scot/become-an-apprentice/graduate-apprenticeships/it-software-development/