Aquila Insight is an award-winning analytics business with a presence in Edinburgh, London and Derby.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to join our fast-growing Engineering Solutions Clan in Edinburgh.
At Aquila Insight we have built a dedicated team to deliver outstanding results for our clients using some of the most leading-edge technology available. A strong ethos and values that drive sustainable growth are essential to how we do business. When faced with difficult decisions and new challenges, it means our people won’t just go after the money. We stick to our own high standards, and do business in a way that makes Aquila Insight a great place to work.
Discovery, our analytics platform, is the brainchild of Aquila Engineering, an 10-strong team of developers and engineers based at Aquila’s Edinburgh HQ. Discovery supports both internal Aquila analytics and is in production for national and global clients.
Our areas of focus in 2017 and 2018 are:
- Delivering new web applications to cover more predictive and prescriptive functionality.
- Continuing to refactor models and applications to operate on the Apache Spark distributed computing platform.
- Adding new functionality and components to link model outputs to a broader range of interaction channels.
- Delivering analytical solutions for new and existing clients.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for maximizing the business value from Aquila Insight’s Discovery Analytics Platform, ensuring that new functionality is delivered on time and can be adopted by and is valuable to our clients.
- Project management – you will be responsible for working with clients and Aquila analytics and engineering leads to manage the smooth delivery, deployment and launch of Discovery platform applications and solution. You’ll lead project planning, resourcing, gathering & prioritizing of features via user stories sourced from clients, internal domain experts and external sources, you’ll shape engagements, set and operate to budgets and delivery updates and reports.
- Integrate with the Engineering team – you will lead, plan and prioritize the work for engineers in an agile Kanban environment. You will run sprint planning, reviews and demos. This is typically a 2 week delivery cycle and can involve travel and overnight stays to attend onsite meetings.
- Stakeholder Management – you will develop, maintain and expand commercial relationships. You’ll represent Aquila Insight in client steering group meetings to provide progress updates and manage adoption risks. You’ll manage user acceptance testing, oversee handover and adoption activities such as user provisioning, user training and coaching.
- Risk and issue management – you will manage project risks and issues.
- You’ll understand Discovery’s technology stack and work with Engineering and domain experts to assess the level of effort needed to develop features and their return on that investment.
- You’ll ensure that Discovery is and continues to be valuable to Aquila’s clients.
We look for people with these behaviours
- Collaborate – we reward exceptional team work over individual “heros”. Collaboration and openness are important both in your mindset and in tools that you use.
- Integrity – demonstrate personal and professional integrity through respectful, honest and trustworthy behavior towards colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- Challenge constructively – share ideas by encouraging debate in a respectful and supportive manner.
- Proactivity – think ahead, plan ahead
- Inspirational Leadership – create enthusiasm, empower people and instill confidence.
- Be practical – do not optimize solutions prematurely, keep functionality lean, set realistic expectations.
- Passion – we look for people who love what they do!
What we are looking for in your resume
- Significant experience managing agile delivery projects into national and international corporate clients.
- Experienced in delivering technology, data engineering projects or data science projects with strong technology elements.
We look for people who demonstrate Aquila’s values
Push when others hesitate, find the problem and fix it. Look ahead, anticipating barriers and share your solutions to be our client’s secret weapon.
Consider opinions but voice your point of view, shoulder responsibility yet allow others to help.
Keep searching for the next big thing, find new ways of working, lead the action and shape your future.
Be the difference
Take the desired outcome and create the best solution to be our client’s hidden advantage.
As member of Engineering, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary;
- 28 day’s holiday plus bank holidays
- Your birthday off
- Eligibility for company pension scheme
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Excellent work life balance
- Employee of the month reward scheme
- Childcare vouchers and fruit to the office.