We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer (sometimes referred to as a “Software Engineer in Test”) to work on Discovery’s underlying infrastructure, security, automation and data architectures to refine existing capabilities and create new functionality.
As a QA Engineer you will be responsible for all automated testing quality assurance activities concerning our Discovery platform and its applications. In practice what this means is engineering, extending and operating Aquila’s automated test architectures and tools.
You will need:
- Prior experience working in a Scrum and Kanban environment.
- Knowledge and experience with n-tier architecture, databases and SQL.
- Ability to work in cross-functional environments including Business Management, Customer Support and Engineering Teams.
- Ability to deliver results on multiple projects.
- Ability to generate creative and innovative solutions for complex architectural problems.
- Write well-structured, beautiful, clean and expert code.
- Care about your craft, stay up-to-date on modern technologies and be keen to review and explore them when appropriate.
- Have experience of API testing.
- Feed your opinions, backed by data and investigation, to our design forum and our wider team.
- Be an active contributing part of an agile team.
- Define your career path and be given the opportunity to grow and learn.
You must be skilled and expert in:
- Java and the associated stable of automated testing tools, specifically Selenium, Nexus, Jenkins, Cucumber and Gherkin.
- Continuous integration and devops.
- Application, data and service architectures.
- Relational (PostgreSQL, Citus) and some experience of non-relational databases (Elastic, MongoDB).
Technologies we’re using that you will be expected to also use:
- Java for testing, Scala for application development.
- We have a legacy PHP stack that we’ll port to Scala later this year, so familiarity with PHP is preferred.
- Ubuntu server, shell scripting.
- Docker, Docker Compose and Jenkins.
- One or more ETL tools (we use Pentaho Data Integration)
- AWS services including EC2, S3 and EMR, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Zeppelin, CloudWatch, Elasticsearch.
- Bitbucket, Docker Hub and JIRA.
As part of the Engineering Team within Merkle|Aquila, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary;
- 28 day’s holiday plus bank holidays
- Your birthday off
- Eligibility for company pension scheme
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Excellent work life balance
- Employee of the month reward scheme
- Childcare vouchers and fruit to the office.
Please send your CV and covering letter with salary expectations.
Please note that successful applicants for this role will be subject to pre-employment screening, which applicants must successfully pass.
Merkle|Aquila does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.