Senior Software Developer / Front End
Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
Salary: £48,000.00 to £50,000.00 /year
Criton is the first DIY app builder for the hospitality industry and the web-based CMS allows property owners, ranging from single vacation rental owners to big hotel chain owners to build their own mobile apps. We are aiming to become the leading aggregator of guest facing technology within the hospitality sector, across the globe. The team has already built a great product with our clients being able to build their own app but now the goal is to transform our app building product into something that can integrate seamlessly with hotels/serviced apartments and their current systems. Criton is growing extremely quickly, initially a team of 2, we are now a team of 21, with the development team sitting at 9 people. The team all come from very diverse backgrounds, experience and sectors including retail, property, exhibitions, tourism and the arts.
New colleagues joined this month and we look to be up to 30 staff by the end of this year. We are based in Codebase, Edinburgh's best known tech incubator and offer a relaxed and trusting culture in collaborative working environment. You will get to build a bespoke app building tool, backed by our recent £5 million pound investment. Here at Criton we are offering industry standard salaries (not start up salaries) with benefits including Perkbox, salary sacrifice for holidays or child care vouchers etc. Pension with People's pension, free tea and coffee, regular staff events, flexible working. We really want people to be invested and be part of the journey, your ideas will be listened to, taken on board and implemented into the projects, giving you a sense of ownership and achievement.
You will be working as a Senior Software Developer as part of the App Squad, a small and dynamic cross-functional team, where your role will be focused on the development of apps generated by the Criton platform. This squad is fully responsible for the development, testing and maintenance of the apps generated by the platform. In this role you will be using up to date technologies, building cross platform apps with Angular 5, Ionic 3 and Apache Cordova.
Your job will involve:
- Implementing user/tech stories through clean, maintainable code
- Writing unit tests for every piece of code produced
- Participating in refinement of user/tech stories (discussing design, technical feasibility, scope etc.)
- Participating in estimation, prioritisation, and planning of tasks from the squad’s backlog
- Participating in the squad’s agile practices
Our Technology Stack
- CSS frameworks - Bootstrap, Materialize
The ideal person will also be:
- Familiar with using Restful APIs
- Hybrid mobile app development frameworks - Apache Cordova, Ionic
- Familiar with app distribution processes (App Store and/or Google Play Store)
- Writing automated tests, Test-driven development
- Ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the product development team to discuss and define requirements
- Version control - Git, Bitbucket or Github
- Proactive and versatile
- Willingness to take ownership and be accountable for one’s work
- Ability and willingness to continuously keep up-to-date with latest technologies and rapidly learn new technologies
- Aspire to engineering excellence – be able to write scalable, maintainable, efficient, and beautiful code
If you are interested in working for a start up where you will have a large say in the direction of the project and product, this is the role for you. Please also consider that you may not need to tick all the boxes on experience. If you feel you match aspects of the role and could pick up the rest quickly then please consider applying. If would like to apply please write stating why the role is of interest, any notice period and with your salary expectations and your CV.