Ambassador Network Manager
Euan's Guide are on the search for a new volunteer manager to run the Ambassador Network. If that’s you, you’ll be based with the team at our HQ in Edinburgh and you’ll be on the move co-ordinating volunteers throughout Scotland.
Who are we?
Euan’s Guide is a charity that was co-founded by Euan MacDonald and his sister Kiki. The website is used by disabled people in Scotland, the rest of the UK and beyond. After becoming a powerchair user, Euan wanted to hear from other disabled people about places they would recommend with good disabled access. This can be anywhere from cinemas and hotels, to cafes or even local supermarkets. Now the website has thousands of disabled access reviews submitted by disabled people, their families and friends.
What is the Ambassador Network?
The Ambassador Network is a vibrant community of Euan’s Guide Ambassadors and volunteers who are passionate about accessibility and disabled access reviews. It forms the foundation for all of the volunteering activities within the charity and Ambassadors support a growing community of Euan’s Guide friends, supporters and reviewers.
Could you be the person to manage our Ambassador Network?
We’re excited to be looking for a new team member who can plan, grow and manage the Euan’s Guide Ambassador Network. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who has an interest in accessibility, inclusion and equality; has experience with managing volunteers; and would enjoy working around Scotland.
What you’ll be responsible for:
• Recruiting and managing a network of volunteers.
• Travelling around Scotland. While not essential, your own mode of transport would be advantageous.
• Providing volunteer training and support.
• Promoting the Ambassador Network in local communities with information stalls and discussions.
• Delivering presentations about who we are and what we do around the country.
• Creating a current and exciting programme of events.
• Making links and maintaining partnerships.
• Building relationships with key stakeholders.
• Assisting with the Ambassador Network fundraising.
• Submitting insightful reports about the Network’s impact and progress.
You have experience in…
• Designing and delivering a volunteer programme.
• Recruiting, managing and motivating volunteers.
• Managing community-based volunteers.
• Staying informed with the latest legislation and good practice.
You’re great at…
• Communication: you can communicate excellently face to face, by telephone or email, through social media or print.
• All things digital: you not only have a ‘tech outlook’ but you are genuinely excited by all things tech.
• Storytelling: marketing and promotion come naturally to you.
• Sharing your interest in disabled access, inclusion and equality.
If you’d like to take on this role, we’d love to hear from you! Send your CV, covering letter and salary expectation to Antonia Lee-Bapty firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for Applications - Friday 22nd June 2018.