Software Test Engineer
A Software Test Engineer to support building software for Police customers.
Cyan Forensics is a start-up helping police investigators find evidence faster - replacing software that takes hours or days with software that gives results in minutes. By speeding up investigations into indecent images of children and terrorism, we are improving safety for all.
Based in CodeBase, the company is two years old, and has received significant investment. You will be joining the team of 8 staff at an exciting time as customers are adopting our first products and we are seeing excellent customer engagement with future products, especially those helping police services share intelligence.
We are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer to come in and work in our development team. We need to develop a high-quality product to satisfy our customer and underpin future developments, and deliver on our customers priorities of forensic integrity, quick results and good user experience. We are looking for someone who will enjoy learning about our customers and technology, is excited by the opportunity to grow with the company, and shares our values around doing the right thing for the customer.
Your main responsibilities working within the development team will be:
• Specifying and implementing the test strategies for the development team
• Test automation (including unit, regression, integration, performance and usability tests)
• Preparing test packages for our customers so they can verify our test results
For the right candidate, there is also an opportunity to help build the customer support function.
Requirements: The skills and experience we’re looking for include:
• Strong fundamental understanding of test methodology, including writing test plans
• Experience in the automation of testing
• Enough development experience to independently produce automation tests
• Working knowledge of maths, particularly statistics and probability
• Exposure to agile methodologies including Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
• Experience building quality systems
Additional Experience in one or more of the following would be valued:
• Familiarity with ISO quality standards (ISO17020 and ISO17025 or ISO9001)
• Cyber Security or Digital Forensics
• Familiarity of working with hardware (e.g. low-level access to hard drives)
• Development and testing of web-based systems
• C# Development and SQL Server
Dependent of skills and experience. In addition, there is an employee share option scheme, the company matches up to 5% pension contribution, and there are opportunities for flexible and remote working.
Applying for the Role
Our application process will involve an initial telephone chat, a skills test, and a face to face interview.
At Cyan Forensics we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing your CV.