Why Should You Join Team Ping?
Ping Creates is an award-winning creative digital studio that brings client’s ideas to life on digital platforms through animated films, interactive games, apps and websites.
At Ping Creates, we work on all kinds of animated content including brand films, educational films, explainer animations, motion graphics, animation for games and everything in between for a wide variety of direct clients such as CBBC and the NHS as well as advertising and marketing agencies.
We are located in CodeBase Stirling, where the emphasis is on Community and being based within our building means you have access to all of our regular internal and external events. Ranging from our monthly coffee morning, our month-end social, regular lunchtime talks, activity clubs, evening meetups, and even impromptu pancake parties. The perks of being part of the CodeBase community are countless, with opportunities to share knowledge, collaborate on projects, as well as the opportunity to get involved in MetaFest, a yearly local festival of creativity and technology.
We are looking for a talented animator and designer with strong 2D skills to join our small studio team, located in CodeBase Stirling. You will be highly creative with an eye for detail and experience of delivering professional highquality results to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a positive outlook. We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, willing to learn and work in a fun, cooperative environment. As well as working on the generation of graphics, motion design and animation content for a variety of clients, this exciting role offers the right person the opportunity to expand and grow to be an active part of the creative process. You will be working alongside the Creative Director and technical team to help with the creation of animated short films, games and apps. You will be required to work on varying aspects of projects including the creation of illustrated assets; illustrating backgrounds; setting up scenes; the animation of shots and sequences including character animation and motion graphics.
What You Will Be Doing
• Create assets for animation in 2D using vector-based software.
• Establish and maintain the creative vision within projects.
• Collaborate with the Creative Director and other team members to ensure assets and animation content meets the expectations of quality, consistency and style required by the production.
• Animate 2D assets within a shot, including characters.
• Set up shots within an animation project.
• Compositing and editing sequences.
• Multi-tasking on various projects. Essential Criteria
• All round strong digital illustration skills.
• Knowledge of tools including Adobe Animate, Photoshop and After Effects.
• Must be skilled, passionate and have accomplished observational skills coupled with a strong understanding of core principles of 2D animation.
• Comfortable working with a studio team in a collaborative environment where sharing ideas and working together is encouraged.
• Able to work in-house, in Stirling, Scotland.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrable flexibility in drawing styles.
• Enthusiastic, shows initiative, proactive and ambitious.
• Able to respond well to critique from both colleagues and clients.
• Experience in managing asset pipelines.
• Passion for telling stories and filmmaking.
• Ability to contribute to the visual design of projects.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Ability to retain a sense of humour under pressure.
Contract: Full Time - Permanent
Company: Ping Creates Salary: £19-21K Depending on Experience
Location: CodeBase Stirling, FK8 2HX
Hours: 35 Hours per Week
Start Date: 24th June 2019
Please send your CV, Covering Letter and showreel link to email@example.com for the attention Selina Wagner.