Director of Marketing
Spoonzy’s mission is to make it easier and more affordable to eat healthily at home. We’re doing that by radically simplifying grocery shopping.
As food consumers, we are given a bad choice between convenience or affordability. Services like HelloFresh or Deliveroo are convenient, but expensive. Shopping from Tesco is affordable, but requires alot of mental effort. Spoonzy is creating a new, better option. We combine the convenience of meal kits with the cost of shopping through Tesco.com or any local supermarket.
You will join the CEO, Director of App Development, and Head of Content to become an integral founding team member. Through long-term commitment to our mission, you will earn a significant equity stake.
This is a unique opportunity to grow a brand, a user base, and a marketing strategy from an early stage, and make a huge impact on both our company and the world. Long term, we anticipate your role growing into an executive level role as our company grows.
This is an opportunity for only the most entrepreneurial, creative, and determined individuals. Spoonzy is still a startup, and there will be major challenges, but it will be worth it.
For an introduction from our CEO, please watch the following video: https://youtu.be/CuLuayz2Jtk
For further information on our product and mission, you can also view this brochure: http://bit.ly/spoonzyoverview
Get the current version of our app by searching “Spoonzy” on the Google or Apple app stores.
You will be responsible for Spoonzy’s user growth.
Early in your tenure, you will have three core jobs:
1. Design our high-level marketing strategy and create frameworks for growth
2. Design, execute, measure, and iterate paid and unpaid growth initiatives
3. Build our social media following
Throughout, you will analyze data and present key findings to the team.
As Spoonzy grows, you will hire and manage our marketing team.
You should have 2+ years experience in performance marketing with strong analytical and numerical skills. You should be able to demonstrate your process for testing different marketing channels and methods.
These are big bonuses:
- App store optimization experience
- Experience building a social media following and digital community
- SEO experience
- Startup experience
- Food industry experience
You should be a data-driven marketer who cares about running impactful marketing campaigns. You should also be creative, and able to think outside the box to devise low-cost marketing initiatives to fuel our early growth.
- Collaborative and creative, allowing you brainstorm options for our brand messaging and marketing campaigns
- Open, scientific, and test-driven mindset. You do not assume you know the answer.
- Comfortable setting up and running marketing experiments. You love getting your hands dirty.
- ‘Growth’ mindset towards personal development, with a strong track record of improvement and learning from failure
- Ability to ask the right questions to get to the bottom of any issue
- Enduring optimism in the face of inevitable set-backs, contributing to a company culture that relentlessly drives forward
Starting salary of £36k/annum + 5-10% equity
You will receive a base salary in addition to your equity. Primarily, you will join Spoonzy because you believe that your equity stake will eventually be worth a life-changing amount of money. In other words, you will believe in our mission, and you will believe in your ability to help grow the value of our company dramatically.
Apply by submitting a cover letter and CV to Rob@spoonzy.co.uk