Senior Strategy (SME) Consultant
We are recruiting a Senior Strategy (Subject Matter Expert) Consultant for our growing team working with the Betting & Gaming Sector.
We are a growing technology business that brings together a diverse team of experts to deliver innovative digital solutions – including mobile design, build, and digital innovations labs – for leading enterprises such as KPMG, Ladbrokes, Standard Life, The Telegraph and Waitrose.
Companies appreciate the benefits that the digital market can bring to their business, but need strategic advice to help them understand how to find the highest impact growth options to eventually deliver the solutions.
Our strategy consultants weed through the detail and make sense of the big picture before planning and road-mapping the delivery of effective solutions. A key aspect of the role is the ability to support strategic recommendations with the financial/commercial models required to justify larger investments.
We are looking for digital strategists to work with our clients to help them understand how to solve real business issues using digital tools.
Our typical projects involve:
- Innovation labs that optimise existing digital products based on optimising customer data and behaviours
- Strategic problem solving for cutting edge digital projects
- Diagnostic discovery projects where we identify the digital growth opportunities for clients in all sectors
We are building a team of engaging and well-rounded strategy specialists who possess:
- Excellent academic backgrounds
- Proven analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Sharp problem solving capabilities
- A straightforward and pragmatic approach to helping businesses improve their digital offering
Specifically working with the betting and gaming sector, this Senior position requires that you have a comprehensive knowledge of sport, coupled with an ingrained understanding of the bookmaking industry and its terminology. You are a subject matter expert with an excellent knowledge of Sportsbetting, the major operators in the UK, their competitors and their strategies.
You have great presentation skills, strict with deadlines, a whizz with words and as comfortable with a snappy soundbite as a detailed document. You have an eye for design, can quickly get under the skin of a brand and adopt its tone of voice.
You are an ideas person, happy working in an agile environment and able to think innovatively in the digital space. You understand the importance of creative concepts having value with a customer centric approach to your thinking.
Clear-thinking and diplomatic, you have a head for numbers and a logical way of working. You are good at communicating with all levels of business and understand the importance of ability to underpin fresh thinking with sound mathematics in order to then strategically relay new concepts to colleagues and sponsors alike.
Skills / Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5 - 10 years experience of working in a top-tier or specialist boutique consulting firm
- You must have worked on growth and innovation projects and have a strong understanding of what it takes to develop new propositions in a digital environment
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Demonstrable business and P&L modelling skills
- Experience in a range of different business consulting engagements and specialty areas (e.g. strategy development, change management, process re-engineering, business case development)
• 25 days annual leave
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free Breakfast before 9am
• Xmas Party
The job is based in London, UK.