Outplay are looking for an experienced, creative and proactive Community Manager to join our rapidly growing studio! Ideally we are looking for candidates with a background in driving community activity on a wide breadth of mobile games and with the ability to execute long term community growth strategies.
This is an extremely exciting and hands on role with a major focus on developing and delivering plans to ensure an active, healthy and lively community is built and cultivated for each product at all stages of its lifestyle. Outplay is at an exciting time in its growth whereby we have several new titles in development and a portfolio of strong titles all maintaining and growing, communities of active users. The opportunity affords the chance to build on this and further our outreach and brand.
Areas of delivery
- Manage & produce entertaining and engaging content for multiple social media channels e.g. LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Google+, forums etc.
- Control of the social media channels, overseeing all editorial content / comments / word of mouth across each platform.
- Respond to questions, monitor conversations from the community and create and engage in conversation with our followers.
- Curate and moderate user comments and contributions.
- Develop and post interactive content that encourages community participation
- Develop relationships with fan sites and key influencers.
- Develop relationships with relevant gaming sites and other communities, key journalists along with other influencers and platform holders such as Apple and Facebook.
- Collect and analyse community feedback for the Development team
- Be up-to-date with the changing Social Media scenery and make recommendations on new platforms
- Increase social media traffic and followers through innovative methods
- Drive activity and maximise awareness of Outplay across all social media channels
- Champion our games and help drive effective and engaging acquisition and retention focused community campaigns
- Generate insight and solutions to acquire and retain community members to help further Outplays profile
- Working alongside key product stakeholders co-ordinate and deliver global release PR, online and community plans for each of our products.
- Established Community Management experience within video games or similar entertainment brand is a must
- Strong knowledge of generating and executing content calendars
- Advanced knowledge of Social Media platforms and tools, as well as strong skills in creating social media content
- Solid project management skills, able to work on multiple projects at the same time and prioritise as appropriate
- An understanding of statistics and the most key-KPIs relevant for community management and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the video game industry
- Knowledge of image/video editing tools desirable
The job is based in Dundee, Scotland.